Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Friday, February 17, 2012

Question #10

Question #10 - What qualities do I want in a husband?

A: In high school, I think my answer to this question would have tall, handsome, nice, has a testimony. Although I still want those things... over my many years of dating... things that I thought were so important sometimes are not and the things that I thought were not important at all are kind of a big deal. I learned that with my broken engagement. Although that was the hardest thing that I have ever gone through, I wouldn't change what happened at all. Through all of that pain, I learned a lot about myself and what I want in a marriage. I need someone who is honest and a good communicator. I need someone that not only has a testimony... but does the little things everyday that keep him grounded in the gospel. I need someone with a good work ethic and someone who is willing to make a relationship work no matter how hard it gets. I also think if we are both doing all the little things we are supposed to everyday, it makes your relationship a little easier to work through things. I need someone who is affectionate and appreciates me. I need someone that is sympathetic and genuine and kind... not just to me but everyone. I need someone that is fun and outgoing and makes me laugh. I realize that there is not a perfect guy out there, but I need to also understand that I am not perfect either and to love me for exactly who I am, imperfections and all because I expect to do the same. These are the qualities that are important to me. I need to work on these same things for myself if I expect to attract this kind of person. I realize this. I'm working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment