Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Question #105

Q: What has been my favorite family vacation? Why?

A: We didn't take a lot of family vacations growing up. It was either to go visit family, or it was to Dinkey Creek. I loved Dinkey Creek and I have to say that will always be a second home to me and something I hold near and dear to my heart. However, my favorite family vacation has to be when we went to Hawaii.

The reason being, because we never really took family vacations, it made it that more special. My sister was going to school there, so we were going to her graduation. We were all adults and getting a long pretty well at that point, we got to do a ton of cool things together and all experience it for the first time together (except Lori who had been living there). I celebrated my golden birthday on that trip (turned 18 on the 18th of December) and we knew it was our last family vacation together.... maybe forever, if not for many many years to come. Which is true... I don't think we have taken a family vacation ALL together since then. Why? My sisters Kristy and Jamie were both getting married within the next year after that. So you see.... it was a special family vacation. In the airport on the way home... my dad was even in tears over it (he does get more emotional as he gets older) it was very sweet. I will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment