Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Monday, September 17, 2012

Question #15

Q: What is my favorite Young Women Value? Why?

A: I think my answer is the same now as it was when I was in High School. Individual Worth.

I think the reason why this value has always been my favorite is because it was the one I struggled with the most. I went through phases of realization where I really understood my worth. The first big learning experience I had with this was in High School. I had grown up being a very happy person that had a lot of friends. In High School I went through a period of time where all my friends were kind of giving me the cold shoulder and I got depressed because I had measured my worth and happiness on how many friends I had and what I was doing with my friends in our free time. This period of time where my friends were cutting them out of their lives for reasons I didn't understand gave me an opportunity to reach out and become friends with the new girls in the ward that were not included in the group. It gave me an opportunity to spend more time with my family and appreciate them and most importantly it gave me an opportunity to learn who I was without friends. I learned how much I care for people, and discovered and developed talents and learned that it was okay to not be hanging out with friends in all of my spare time. It was okay to have a lone time too. What started out as a really depressing time for me... turned into a great learning experience and self discovery of my worth.

Since High school... I have definitely continued to struggle with this off and on. I am still super social and don't like to be a lone all of the time. I still get hurt by friends and by guys and have a hard time not taking the blame and taking it really personally. I can say this though... over the years I have come to really know how I am, my strengths and weaknesses.... and am not only okay with who I am but really like who I am. I think that I am beautiful, talented, caring, fun, smart, and I have so much to offer to those around me and one day my spouse. I am so thankful for all of my experiences that have helped me with individual worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment