Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Monday, September 17, 2012

Question #17

Q: Am I a good listener? How can I improve this?

A: I think that I am. I think that I have always been a good listener. I believe that is why a lot of people like to come talk to me. I feel like I have always taken the therapist role... even when I was younger. I genuinely care about people and listen to what is going on with them and try and give the best advice that I can. I enjoy being there for people and trying to help them. On the flip side, I need people to do that for me as well... and it can sometimes be frustrating when people are not good listeners when you need them. I feel the need to be validated and understood.

How can I improve on my listening skills? I don't know because I feel like I have always been a good listener. I guess maybe the one thing I will say is that sometimes I have a hard time listening when I don't care about the person or don't care about the situation... or if I am jealous or have strong emotions involved.... so I am trying to improve by taking my emotions out of situations and just trying to be there for the person I am listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment