Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Monday, December 8, 2014

Question #113

Q: Write down your favorite scripture story?

A: My favorite scripture story has always been Joseph, Jacobs son. Maybe it is because they turned it into the most fantastic musical that I love and it catchy and helps me remember the story better than almost any other scripture story. As I have gotten older, it is more than that though. I think it is very easy to get discouraged about trials in our life. It's sometimes hard to think that other people have it worse than you because you are the one going through the trial and it is hard. That is why we call them trials. The story of Joseph is amazing to me because just when you think things couldn't have gotten worse for Joseph... they do. They get worse and worse and worse and no matter what happens, he keeps a good attitude and makes the best out of each situation. That is SO easier said than done and sometimes I really wish I could be more like that. Because he was so faithful and made the best out of crappy situations, he was blessed in the end and it all worked out... I think that is true for all of us. Eventually something is going to work out. It may not be what you had in mind, but most of the time what the Lord has in store for us is better what we plan for ourselves. You just don't know it until you get there. We just have to have faith in his plan for us. That has always been hard for me because I am such a planner and want to have control over my circumstances... but I am always working on it and the story of Joseph is a good example and a good reminder to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment