Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Question #121

Q: Have I ever done Baptisms for the dead? What did I think and feel about it?

A: Yes! Many times. As a youth, we went once a year to the LA temple. It was an all day trip, but it made it that much more special. I remember the first time I went to do it being nervous about how it worked and just being in the temple for the first time... but of course it was a really neat experience and something I got to experience with my close friends. As an adult, when I moved to Utah I started going more often since I now lived so close to a temple. At first I just went with friends... but then I started going by myself and I went just about every Wednesday night for 2 years. It got to the point where all the people that worked there knew me by name and would wonder why I wasn't there when I didn't show up and would always say "see you next week" when I came. I loved it. When I decided to get endowed, a little part of me was sad that I wouldn't get to do baptisms anymore and see all those people. It holds a special place in my heart, but it was time for me to progress and receive more blessings in the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment