Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Brought to you by Brunette on the Internet

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Question #63

Q: Describe a special birthday party that you have had.

A: Having a December birthday is really hard.... my birthday is a week before Christmas... so I was and friends were usually taking finals or leaving for Christmas vacation. Besides that, my parents were never big party throwers. So there were not a lot of really special birthday's. Two I think will always stand out to me though. First, the year that I turned 18 on the 18th of December. Why? Not only was it my golden birthday, but I was also in Hawaii with my family because of my sister Lori, graduating from BYU Hawaii... so we all went out. The day of my birthday, my family let me pick whatever I wanted to do... so we went snorkeling and we ate at a Mexican place (since I grew up loving Mexican food) and it was great. Can't complain about that birthday. :)

The second one that will always stand out to me was my last birthday, the birthday I turned 30. Not only will I remember it because it is the year I turned 30... but the months approaching I was depressed and having a really hard time. My roommates were saints. They were there for me 100% and went out of their way to make my birthday really special. The day before my birthday I was just coming back into town from California (singing at Disneyland with my mom). I came home and my roommates and Liz had thrown a surprise birthday party for me. It was my first surprise birthday party that anyone had ever thrown for me. Let me tell you... I was surprised. I was shocked. I didn't expect it and it was so special to me. They had made me cake and the whole ward came to celebrate and it was great. The next day, my actual birthday... it didn't stop my roommates from doing more. They made me a big candy poster that was super sweet and after work they took me out to dinner to get Indian food (one of my new faves in my adult years) and then after dinner... I had some more friends come over (just a few) and we launched the floating lanterns (like in the movie "Tangled") at the park by my house. It had stopped snowing.... which was perfect. Everything was beautiful and covered in white. The moon lit up the sky and reflected light off of all the snow... and there we were in the middle of the park, and spent an hour letting go 30 lanterns for my 30th birthday. It was beautiful and magical and really... the only thing that I wanted to do for my 30th birthday... but my friends went above and beyond that. It was so special to me and I will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment